Official Andi Hulm Contest Rules
“Andi Hulm” Contest
(Open: November 29th to December 29th, 2020) Three randomly selected participants will win laptop computers.
The contest will be announced on YouTube, Facebook, and Instagram; however, YouTube, Facebook, and Instagram are not partners or sponsors of the contest.
How to Enter
Complete the survey at:
The contest commences on November 29, 2020. Entries may be submitted between November 29, 2020, and December 29, 2020. The winners will be announced by January 5, 2020.
- Contestants must be at least 18years old on the date of entry into the contest. Contestants must be Algerian citizens in order to be eligible for the prizes. Others are welcome to participate, but will not be considered for prizes. All individuals must be available for picking up their prizes in person at U.S. Embassy Algiers if they live in the wilaya of Algiers, and must be willing to be featured in additional social media material for U.S. Embassy Algiers, such as a picture of the winners on U.S. Embassy Algiers’ Facebook and Instagram pages.
- Participants must be citizens of Algeria.
- The individual submitting the entry will be considered the contestant and will be the only individual eligible to compete for the prize. Organizations are not eligible to compete for the prize, either as an entity or through representation by an individual. In order to be eligible for the prize, the contestant must provide complete and accurate information.
- The following individuals are not eligible to participate in the contest: Employees, interns, directors, and officers of the Contest Sponsors, or the U.S. Government, or any employees, interns, directors, or officers of any agencies, companies or entities involved in the administration, advertising, judging, creation, development, execution, and/or fulfillment of this contest, and the immediate family members (defined as spouse, recognized partner, parent, child, sibling, and spouse or “step” of each) and those living in the same household of each such individual.
- Once a submission has been accepted for entry into the contest, the contestant’s name (or first name only, if the contestant wishes to remain preserve more anonymity) and country may be publicly identified at the sole discretion of the contestant.
Selection of Winners
- A committee from the Embassy will randomly select one person who filled out the survey, whether or not they watched all ten episodes of Andi Hulm, and two people who both filled out the survey and did watch all ten episodes. The survey is available at the following link, and can be filled out in Arabic, English, or French: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YDJ6CPB?lang=ar The Andi Hulm episodes can be found at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsbVlOhioK0 with English subtitles.
- The random selection will take place on Sunday, January 3, 2021. The three people selected will be contacted by phone on January 3, 2021. The persons selected who stated that they watched all ten episodes will be verbally tested about the content of the episodes. If they are unable to prove that they did in fact watch all ten episodes of Andi Hulm, then they will be disqualified and another person(s) will be selected in their place. The three winners will be announced on January 5 on the U.S. Embassy Facebook and Instagram pages.
- Winners: Each winner and/or finalist will be required to sign and return a statement of eligibility and liability/publicity release, and provide a short bio and picture (where applicable) and a brief statement about the submission; otherwise the winner or finalist will be ineligible for any prize. The inability of Contest Sponsors to contact a potential winner may result in disqualification and/or selection of an alternate winner from among all remaining eligible submissions.
- Winners and finalists may be announced on the Embassy website and/or social media pages. Winners and finalists may choose to use an alias instead of their real name and may request other identifying information be kept private.
- Three (3) brand-new HP laptop computers.
- Winners have to confirm the acceptance of the prize in an email reply within three calendar days. If the acceptance is not confirmed by the required date, the Contest Sponsors reserve the right to select an alternative winner. Each winner must provide a valid physical mailing address where a prize, if any, is to be shipped. Contest Sponsors are not responsible for any problems related to the shipping of any prize, including, but not limited to, theft, delay, damage, or destruction/accidental loss by the shipping carrier.
- The prize is not transferable, convertible, or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. All taxes on or in connection with any prize, and the reporting consequences thereof, are the sole and exclusive responsibility of the winner.
Liability and Rights
- Contest Sponsors do not endorse any submissions or messages expressed therein, and Contest Sponsors expressly disclaim any and all liability in connection with the submitted photo including disputes between collaborators related to a submission.
- The contest and its sponsors do not permit copyright infringing activities or infringement of any other intellectual property rights, and Contest Sponsors reserve the right to remove and disqualify any submission they deem to be in violation of another party’s copyright or other intellectual property rights.
- Contestants retain sole ownership of their original work. The submission remains the intellectual property of the contestant, and the Contest Sponsors and U.S. Government make no claim of copyright as to the work of any individual who enters the contest. Contestant specifically agrees to give the Contest Sponsors permission to use all content submitted for purposes of judging the contest. Finalists and/or winners will be required to grant Contest Sponsors, with proper attribution through whatever means they deem appropriate, a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, and/or display the submission, in any media formats and through any media channels in perpetuity in connection with the activities and operations of the contest.
- The contestant assumes sole responsibility for the contest submission and the material contained in it, and for any consequences of submitting it.
- Contest Sponsors reserve the right at any time, to verify the validity of entries and of contestants and to disqualify any contestant or entry deemed not in compliance with these Official Contest Rules. Contest Sponsors also reserve the right to request further documentation, at their sole and absolute discretion, to verify eligibility and compliance with these Official Contest Rules.
- If a prize or any portion thereof is unavailable, Contest Sponsors, in their sole discretion, reserve the right to substitute the prize with another prize of equal or greater value and/or specification.
- Contest Sponsors reserve the right to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the contest at their discretion for any reason.
- Contestant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Contest Sponsors, their parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, officers, directors, employees, interns, and agents, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debts, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees) arising from (i) violation of these Official Contest Rules; (ii) violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, trademark, intellectual property, privacy, publicity, or other proprietary right in connection with the contest; or (iii) any claim that a contest submission caused any harm, including financial, to any third party. These indemnifications and hold harmless obligations will survive indefinitely beyond the conclusion of the contest.
- By entering a submission you agree that if you engage in any physical exercise or activity you do so at your own risk and assume the risk of any and all injury, damage, or death that you may suffer while engaging in the activity. Your assumption for risk includes and is not limited to the actual activity, but includes any and all negative effects that may be the result of the activity. You agree that you are voluntarily participating in the aforementioned activities and assume all risk of injury. You agree to release and discharge the sponsors, affiliates, or partners from any and all claims or causes of action (known or unknown) arising from participation.
- The conduct, judging, and awarding of prizes will be carried out in full compliance with applicable U.S. law and host country law. In the event of a conflict between U.S. law and host country law, U.S. law shall apply.
- Contest Sponsors and the U.S. Government will take reasonable measures to protect privacy data, personally identifiable information, and other sensitive data of contestants. Contact information provided by contestants may be stored by the U.S. Embassy in Algeria and may be used to contact contestants for other purposes in the future. This information may be shared with the co-sponsors of the contest and/or be made available to third parties to the extent permitted by law.
- Contest Sponsors assume no liability or responsibility for any loss or harm resulting from any user’s participation in or attempt to participate in the contest or ability or inability to upload, download, or otherwise access any information in connection with participating in the contest. Contest Sponsors assume no responsibility or liability for technical problems, or technical malfunctions arising in connection with the operation of the contest, including: hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity, or other online communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts or providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any email transmissions to be sent or received; lost, late, delayed or intercepted email transmissions; inaccessibility of the contest site in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or the contest site; unauthorized human or non-human intervention in the operation of the contest, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, worms; or destruction of any aspect of the contest, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of an email account used in connection with the contest.
- Use of contest site is at user’s own risk. Contest Sponsors are not responsible for any personal injury, property damage, or losses of any kind which may be sustained to computer equipment resulting from participation in the contest, use of the contest site or the downloading of information from the contest site. By participating in the contest, the contestant releases Contest Sponsors from any and all claims arising from or relating to such contestant’s participation in the contest, whether directly or indirectly.
- Contest Sponsors are not liable in the event that any portion of the contest is cancelled or delayed due to weather, fire, strike, acts of war or terrorism, or any other reason.
Privacy Act Statement
- PURPOSE: The information solicited on this website will be used to evaluate and process submissions to the Andi Hulm Contest and determine the eligibility of entrants.
- ROUTINE USES: The information submitted to this website is collected on behalf of the U.S. Department of State, and might be subject to the Privacy Act of 1974. The winner’s information may also be made available to the public. More information on the Routine Uses for the system can be found in the System of Records Notice STATE-79, Digital Outreach and Communications.
- DISCLOSURE: Providing this information is voluntary. Failure to provide the information requested on this website may result in ineligibility for the Andi Hulm Contest.
Throughout the contest rules, the term “sponsors” is used to represent either single or multiple sponsors, where applicable.
- “Andi Hulm” Contest (PDF 150kb)