The United States Embassy in Algiers is pleased to announce a call for proposals for Science, Technology, and Math (STEM) projects to be held at the American Cultural Center in Algiers and the American Corners in Oran, Constantine, and Ouargla. Proposals are sought for educational programs targeting young Algerian women ages 14-18 with a focus on interactive STEM skills, such as computer programming, coding, and robotics. Proposals focusing on robotics and coding are preferred. The primary objective of the project is to prepare young Algerianwomen with limited resources to become future leaders in the global economy through STEM activities.
The programs should include hands-on activities, lectures, and demonstrations that feature innovative technologies and encourage participants to continue to explore STEM fields after the program has concluded. Special consideration will be given to proposals that include the following:
– A detailed proposed schedule and curriculum, as well as the qualifications of the instructors
– Include three to four hour weekly sessions over a number of weeks
– All costs associated with the grant budget, including transportation of staff and equipment to the American Corners
– Follow-on activity that connects the Embassy with the participants after the project concludes
– Cost-share support included, if available.
The application for the Notice of Funding Opportunity for cultural grants is available for organizations and individuals. Please submit your project proposals to
Algiers_ACCA@state.gov no later than Sunday, July 29. 2018