Location: Throughout Algeria
Event: Demonstrations continue to take place throughout the country. At previous demonstrations, there have been reports of clashes between police and small groups of protestors. U.S. government personnel are encouraged to limit non-essential movements during and immediately after large demonstrations and to not participate, watch, or remain near areas of demonstrations.
Actions to take:
Avoid large gatherings and rallying points for demonstrations.
- Monitor media for updates.
- Be aware of your surroundings and exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of demonstrations, even if they appear peaceful.
- Review personal security plans. For planning resources, go to the following State Department website.
- U.S. Embassy Algiers, Algeria
+213 (0) 770-08-2000
+213 (0) 770-08-2000(after hours)
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Algeria’s Country Information
- Enroll in Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates