Location: Throughout Algeria
Event: Peaceful demonstrations are expected to continue to take place throughout the country in the coming weeks. U.S. government personnel are encouraged to limit non-essential movements during and immediately after large demonstrations and instructed not to participate, watch, or remain near demonstrations. The ACS section will cease the use of weekly demonstration alerts unless the security situation changes significantly or there is specific information or an incident which requires additional messaging.
Actions to take:
- Be aware of your surroundings and exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of demonstrations, even if they appear peaceful.
- Avoid large gatherings and rallying points for demonstrations.
- Monitor media for updates.
- Review personal security plans. For planning resources, go to the following State Department website.
- U.S. Embassy Algiers, Algeria
+213 (0) 770-08-2000
+213 (0) 770-08-2000(after hours)
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Algeria’s Country Information
- Enroll in Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates