Event: Demonstrations may take place throughout the country on Friday, February 22nd and Sunday, February 24th, 2019.
Actions to take:
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Avoid crowds and demonstrations.
For other general information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution,Travel Advisory and the Country Specific Information for Algeria.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Algeria, located at 5 Chemin Cheikh Bachir El-Ibrahimi (former Chemin Beaurepaire) in the El Biar district of Algiers, at Telephone +213 (0) 770-08-2000, available 0800-1700 Sunday-Thursday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +213 (0) 770-08-2000.