Location: Throughout Algeria
Event: Demonstrations continue to take place throughout the country. At previous demonstrations, there were reports of confrontations between police and protestors involving tear gas and water cannons and reports of property damage and injuries.U.S. government personnel are encouraged to limit non-essential movements during and immediately after large demonstrations and to not participate, watch, or remain near demonstrations or areas where they observe acts of criminality.
Actions to take:
- Avoid large gatherings and rallying points for demonstrations.
- Monitor media for updates.
- Be aware of your surroundings and exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of protests, even if they appear peaceful.
- Review personal security plans. For planning resources, go to the following State Department website.
- U.S. Embassy Algiers, Algeria
+213 (0) 770-08-2000
+213 (0) 770-08-2000(after hours)
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Algeria’s Country Information
- Enroll in Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates