Subject: Demonstration Alert – U.S. Embassy Algiers, Algeria (April 2)
Location: Througout Algeria
Event: There maybe public gatherings throughout the country in response to the announcement of President Bouteflika’s resignation. U.S. government personnel are advised to limit non-essential movements during and immediately after large demonstrations and to not participate, watch, or remain near demonstrations.
Actions to take:
- Avoid large gatherings and rallying points for demonstrations.
- Monitor media for updates.
- Be aware of your surroundings and exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of demonstrations, even if they appear peaceful.
- Review personal security plans. For planning resources, go to the following State Department website.
- U.S. Embassy Algiers, Algeria
+213 (0) 770-08-2000
+213 (0) 770-08-2000(after hours)
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Algeria’s Country Information
- Enroll in Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates