Location: Throughout Algeria
Event: Demonstrations continue to take place throughout the country. At previous demonstrations, there have been reports of clashes between police and small groups of protestors, and reports of property damage and injuries. U.S. government personnel are advised to limit non-essential movements during and immediately after large demonstrations and to not participate, watch, or remain near demonstrations, large gatherings, or areas where they observe acts of criminality.
Actions to take:
- Monitor media for updates.
- Avoid large gatherings and rallying points for demonstrations.
- Keep a low profile.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Review personal security plans. For planning resources, go to the following State Department website.
- U.S. Embassy Algiers, Algeria
+213 (0) 770-08-2000
+213 (0) 770-08-2000(after hours)
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Algeria’s Country Information
- Enroll in Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates