In light of press reports of continuing counter-terrorism operations in the Constantine area, the U.S. Embassy will continue to restrict Embassy staff travel there through November 28. We urge U.S. citizens considering travel to Constantine to review their plans accordingly.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warning for Algeria, and Algeria’s Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Algeria, located at 5 Chemin Cheikh Bachir El-Ibrahimi (former Chemin Beaurepaire) in the El Biar district of Algiers, at Telephone +213 (0) 770-08-2000, available 0800-1700 Sunday-Thursday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +213 (0) 770-08-2200.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.