The United States Embassy in Algiers is pleased to announce an open competition for assistance awards that create partnerships to promote common objectives and exchanges between the United States and Algeria. The U.S. Embassy Algiers Grant Selection Panel will consider proposals on a competitive, rolling basis throughout Fiscal Year 2019. Proposals are sought to support activities directly aimed at improving communities, providing new opportunities for citizen participation, and promoting and developing issues of public interest. Some examples of projects can meet the requirement could include (but are not limited to) proposals that relate to the following areas:
- English language and entrepreneurship support program to preparing Algerian youth with limited resources to become future leaders in the global economy;
- Integrating marginalized groups or individuals into communities;
- Strengthening community cohesion and tolerance;
- Providing viable alternatives to criminal or extremist activity for at-risk or vulnerable populations;
- Supporting the work of Algerian Civil Society organizations in areas of mutual U.S.-Algeria interest;
- Promoting the empowerment of persons with disabilities as well as ethnic and/or gender minorities;
- Expanding cultural and education exchanges that provide audiences in Algeria – with a particular focus on youth, women, and marginalized communities – a deeper understanding of the United States and the values shared by both countries.
The application for the Notice of Funding Opportunity for cultural grants is available for organizations and individuals. The proposals can only be presented in English following the directions of the call No.SAG10019GR0001 Awards may range from a minimum of $5,000 to a maximum of $10,000 per project. Please submit your project proposals to Algiers_grants@state.gov The U.S. Embassy Algiers Grants Selection Panel will review applications on a rolling basis throughout the first three quarters of Fiscal Year 2019. The deadlines for submitting applications each quarter are as follows: first tranche: by February 1, 2019; second tranche: by May 1, 2019; and third tranche by August 1, 2019.
- Notice of Funding Opportunity SAG10019GR0001 (PDF468kb)